I have compiled a list of links that I hope will be encouraging to young women who are single. Many of these links encouraged my heart and mind a great deal while I was still single.
These articles do not give trite comments to the longinges and desires of the hearts of single women. When I was single, I longed to be married. Even when I was content and wanting God’s best for my life (even if it did not include marriage), I still had the desire for marriage. While I was single, I became tired of hearing the same comments over and over: “You’re still young . . . you have plenty of time to find the right guy” or “I’m sure God will bring you a husband.” These were undoubtedly well-meaning comments, but they did not acknowlege how hard it is to wait when you long for something with all of your heart.
The following blog posts take singleness seriously. They look at the longings of the single heart; they look at the heartache. Yet, the authors of the following posts keep their eyes focused firmly on God and his ultimate plan.
It is my prayer that the following articles will encourage, convict, and challenge your heart.
I am interested in making this list as comprehensive as possible; I would like this list to contain as many uplifting articles regarding singleness as possible. If you have written blog posts pertaining to this subject or have come across blog posts that have been encouraging to you, please send me an email with the link at wholesomewomanhoodATgmailDOTcom. I do not guarantee the link will make the list, but I would love to hear what has encouraged you.
If you do not have a blog but have written something to encourage single ladies, please feel free to send the article to me. I would love to consider it for posting on the blog here to be an encouragement to others.
~ Melinda ~
- A Guest Post on Contentment
- Always a Guest, Never a Bride
- A Poem In Honor of Those Waiting
- But What If I Never Get Married?
- The Church, Singleness, and Homosexuality
- Content But Not Complete, Part 1
- Content But Not Complete, Part 2
- Content But Not Complete, Part 3
- Content But Not Complete, Part 4
- The Defining Factor
- Empty Dreams
- Feminine Friday: Rejoicing in Singleness
- Finding Balance During Years of Singleness
- Friends Beyond Marriage, Part 1
- Friends Beyond Marriage, Part 2
- God-Given Desires . . . He Doesn’t Fulfill – Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Ideals and Expectations, Part 1
- Ideals and Expectations, Part 2
- I Haven’t Met You Yet…
- Joyfully Content, Part 1
- Joyfully Content, Part 2
- Looking For Love
- The Magic Word
- Marriage Perspectives
- More Than A Marriage and a Family
- Nobody Puts Bekah on a Shelf
- No Firefighters for Me, Please
- On Aging
- The Other Answer
- Preparing for Someday
- The Promise
- Ravi Zacharias on Marriage
- Reasons 1-4
- Rejoice With Those Who Rejoice
- Rooting Out Bitterness (new – 12-14-11)
- She Will Come
- Single Christian Women-My Heroes
- Skills in Singleness
- The Smart Choice?
- Then I Was Young
- What He Wants Me to Be