(I meant to have these posted sooner, but I didn’t completely finish this list until last Friday. When I scheduled my update, I had every intention of finishing the list, but it kept being put off. I’m sorry…)
1. God – He has given me salvation, a wonderful husband, beautiful sons and other immeasurable blessings
2. Tim – he works hard to provide for our family, loves me, enjoys making me laugh, is handsome, loves to buy me things and he does so many other things for me and our family
3. Drew – he’s our first born son, a wonderful older brother to Carter, has a beautiful smile, a wonderful sense of humor and he loves to help
4. Carter – our second born son, loves to play, is a people person, has a beautiful smile, likes to cuddle
5. House – God has provided us a house of our dreams…with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1700 square feet on 0.3 acres
6. Internet – I can find new recipes, be an encouragement to others via email and IM, stay in easy contact with my family and, of course, find the answer on google to just about anything! 🙂
7. Laptop Computer – it’s fairly new. Tim surprised me by buying it for me. 🙂
8. Adventures in Odyssey – something I’ve enjoyed listening to for many years. I enjoy the lessons they teach as well as how much fun they are to listen to
9. Carla Hartley – She has sacrificed so much to help train midwives. She has impacted my life.
10. Books – they are fun to read and you can learn so much from them!
11. Mattress – we were able to buy a pillow-topped mattress and it is so comfortable!
12. Goodwill – cute clothes at a good price 🙂
13. Bed Frame – we had the hardest time finding a headboard, etc that we liked. BUT we found what we liked and at a great price!
14. Ability to cook
15. Quilt – Melinda made me a quilt for Christmas that I absolutely love
16. Bethany K – she is a role model to me of someone who tirelessly seeks God every day
17. Fans – they cool the house and help keep me from getting sick
18. Cameras – capture once in a lifetime memories
19. Crochet – Grandmommy taught me how to crochet when I was young and I enjoy being able to make things for my family and friends
20. Trust Birth Conference 2010 – this conference completely changed the way I view and think about birth. I’m excitedly looking forward to the 2012 conference! 🙂
21. Births – The seven couples who have allowed/asked me to help at their births
22. Homeschooled – I’m so grateful for the sacrifices my parents made to homeschool me. It gave me the freedom to pursue midwifery.
23. Warm, fuzzy, colorful sock – enough said! 🙂
24. Rapunzel’s Resource – I can now do a lot more with my hair than I used to. 🙂
25. Earrings and necklaces – I love how they add a special touch to an outfit. 🙂
26. Canning – I never thought I would actually learn how to can! But I’ve had so much fun with Melinda canning pumpkin, salsa and cucumbers this past year. I can’t wait to do more!
27. Coupons – I’m able to buy things for my family (i.e. shampoo, toothpaste, diapers) for a great discount.
28. Rose and flowers – I love every single bouqet that Tim has given me over the years.
29. Facebook – I love how easy it is to stay in contact with friends, to be updated with prayer requests, and to encourage one another.
30. Clocks and alarms – They help me to spend my time wisely. And it’s so much fun to see how much I can accomplish in a set amount of time.
31. 101 Things in 1,001 Days – I’m getting so much accomplished because of the list. It’s giving me motivation and focus.
32. Cell phones – It’s so easy to stay in contact with Tim.
33. Midwives – This is such a broad one. But I’m thankful for all of the midwives who have sacrificed so much to serve women and their families.
34. Asparagus – One of my favorite vegetables. It tends to be rather expensive in our area so it’s a real treat!
35. TOH Experience – This is broadening my food repertoire. I’m trying things I would have only skipped over before.
36. Indoor toilets – enough said! 🙂
37. Tim’s job – Tim works hard and it shows as he provides so wonderfully for our family.
38. My hands and fingers – What a blessing it is to have the use of my hands and fingers!
39. My family – What a blessing and privilege it is to have my family to love and take care of. I definitely remember the days before Tim and I were married. When we were apart, the days seemed to stretch into eternity.
40. Abby – I have a lot of fun memories with this girl. She will always hold a special spot in my heart.
41. Ability to have children – I hear stories of couples who are unable to have children. I am so blessed with my two boys!
42. Warm water – 🙂
43. Electricity – I love having my house nice and bright!
44. Washer and dryer – It is so nice to be able to do my laundry when it needs to be done! After 2+ years in an apartment and having to take my laundry somewhere to do it, this is a real luxury!
45. Lori – She is my midwife and has been so encouraging and a great support.
46. Escrow – Going through escrow has increased my trust and love for God and Tim.
47. Coffee – It’s a fun treat. 🙂
48. Big jugs – Last summer when I was pregnant with Carter, Tim bought these big jugs so that I would have plenty of water to drink. 🙂
49. Pressure canner – I’m so glad Mom bought her pressure canner. 🙂
50. Don’t get out of bed rule – The boys got to a point where they weren’t sleeping during naptime, so Tim instituted the “Don’t get out of your bed during naptime” rule. It took while to implement, but now it makes life so much easier! The boys are getting their needed sleep.
51. Cars – It makes getting to places so easy.
52. Michael and Bonnie – I’m so thrilled to see how God has brought Michael, a godly young man, into Bonnie’s life.
53. Comforter – I love the beautiful, blue comforter I bought for our bed.
54. Money Saving Mom – I’ve learned so much from Crystal about frugality, homemaking and godly womanhood.
55. Musing of a Housewife; Passionate Homemaking – It’s through bloggers like these that I’ve learned more about how to nourish my family physically.
56. My moms – They are role models of godly living, loving wives and homemakers.
57. Peanutbutter fudge – My mom definitely enjoys having a son now. 🙂 And I get to reap some of the consequences. She recently bought Tim some peanut butter fudge…and I get to enjoy it with him. 🙂
58. Retainers – They help to keep my teeth straight so I won’t need braces again.
59. Home management binder – It helps me to stay organized and on top of things.
60. Hot herb tea – It’s so relaxing and comforting. 🙂
61. Bible – It’s God’s Word. It encourages, teaches and trains.
62. Music – I absolutely love listening to music!
63. Friends – It’s fun to talk and hang out with friends. 🙂
64. Beach – So beautiful, relaxing and comforting.
65. Drew and Carter get a long well. What a blessing that they enjoy playing and having fun together.
66. Lotion – I love a pretty smelling lotion…and it helps to take care of dry skin. 🙂
67. Iron – It’s so easy to press clothes and get them looking nice.
68. Flip flops – They are cute, airy, comfortable and fun. 🙂
69. Shelly – Our realtor, who stuck with us after months of rejected offers. Thank you Shelly…we love our house!
70. Our “new” car – A Honda civic.
71. Our green dining room – I absolutely love the color we picked for our dining room. And Tim did such a good job painting. It makes me smile when I look at it. 🙂
72. Church family – Tim and I are so thrilled to have found a great church family.
73. iTunes – I love music…and I love having music playing all day long. iTunes helps me to organize and keep all of my favorite music in one place.
74. Freezer cooking – I had so much fun doing freezer cooking with my family. And it’s so nice to have a freezer full of meals at the end of all of that work! 🙂
75. Schedules and timers – They are such great helps in keeping me on track!
76. Cookbooks – I love cookbooks and the variety and inspiration they give to our meals.
77. Candles – Such beautiful smells…
78. Refrigerator – I’m so glad we live in modern America where a refrigerator makes it easier to store food.
79. Tea kettle – I was so thrilled when we were given a tea kettle as wedding gift…definitely one of my favorite gifts.
80. Smiles – Such a simple way to show love.
81. Love – I’m so amazed and overwhelmed at the love God has for me. And Tim…he is such a good reflection of Christ’s undeserved love for the church.
82. Oven – I’m just so glad I don’t have to cook with a wood oven!
83. Midwifery studying – Even though my original plans of becoming a midwife did not come to pass, I’ve still been able to use what little I learned to encourage friends (such as being a doula at a birth).
84. Leather couch – Our couch is a cream color…such a perfect color to go with whatever color I end up deciding to paint our living room. 🙂
85. Creativity – It’s so much fun to watch the boys play. Their creativity is amazing. They can find something to do no matter where they are.
86. Willow Creek Figurines – They are so lovely!
87. Small circular table given to us when we bought our house. It looks so perfect next to our couch. 🙂
88. Double bookshelf – We were given this just recently. I love having our books out on shelves instead of in storage. 🙂
89. Parenting class – Our church did a weekly parenting class during the month of June. Such a challenge and encouragement.
90. Calculators – These are a big help to those of us who are mathematically challenged. 🙂
91. Gray carpet – Some of the houses we looked at had really strange carpet colors. The carpet in our house is in good condition and it’s a good color.
92. No grass in our yards – We don’t have to spend as much time and money in maintenance. And we can do whatever we want in our backyard because it’s all dirt! 🙂
93. Netflix – We’ve really been enjoying our Netflix subscription. 🙂
94. Water filter – We were given a great filter as a housewarming gift. We’ve definitely been enjoying it. 🙂
95. Crockpot – A big help when the weather gets hot!
96. Taste of Home – A big cooking inspiration… 🙂
97. Laugher – One of my greatest joys is hearing Drew and Carter laughing together.
98. Glasses – I take my glasses for granted way too often. Life would be much more difficult without them!
99. Coffee Table – I used to think I wouldn’t want a coffee table in my living room, but I love how it looks!
100. Paint Samples – We would have painted our living room a horrific color without that.
101. Blinds – I used to take these for granted…until we moved into a home that didn’t have them. 🙂
~ Carrie ~