Thanksgiving!!! There are SO many things that I am thankful for…I thought I would take the time to write some of them down to share…I love talking about God’s blessings in my life and hopefully they will in turn bless any who read this post!
- First of all, I am so, so thankful for God’s gift of salvation. The fact that He looked on me when I was His enemy and still chose to save me through the death and resurrection of His Son….is amazing.
- I am thankful for Who God is. Merciful. Forgiving. Loving. Just. All-Knowing. Sovereign. Constant. Unchanging. Faithful. Truth. Glorious. Worthy. Jealous.
- I am thankful for Jesus. I am so thankful that He came into the world as a human and lived the perfect, sinless life that I can not live. I am so thankful for His examples in every area of life. I am so thankful for Hebrews 12:3…”For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.”
- I’m thankful for the Holy Spirit. I am thankful that He is ever present, prompting, prodding, encouraging and convicting. I am thankful that God gave the Holy Spirit as a promise of life to come. I am thankful that I do not need to go through this world on my own, but that He is always with me.
- I am thankful for God’s Word. I am thankful that it is God’s message to people long ago, but it still applies to us today. I am thankful that it is living and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. I am thankful that He has given us small glimpses of some of the facets of His character. I am thankful that He has given us the great privilege of having His word in our own language. I am thankful that He has and continues to enlighten my heart so that I can hear and understand His words.
I am thankful for my family!! I am thankful for my parents, who continually show their love for me and truly want what is best for me. I am thankful that they are willing to have me come to them and talk with them about my life. I am thankful that they provide counsel.
I am thankful for my amazing siblings, Melinda, Carrie and Tim. I am thankful for all the fun times we have had together…the laughter, the randomness, the late-night talks, etc. I am thankful for the friends that God has given me in my siblings!!
I am thankful for my precious nephews, Drew and Carter! I am thankful for their sweet smiles and adorable little laughs. I am thankful for the times Drew runs up and gives me a hug, for his high-fives, for the times he asks me to hold him. I am thankful for how Carter looks up and gives me a precious smile. I’m thankful for the times I’ve just been able to sit and hold him.
I am thankful for the amazing friends God has put in my life. I am thankful for times I’ve been able to hang out with them. I am thankful for the laughter and quotes. 🙂 I am thankful for their examples and encouragement.
I am thankful for the gift of prayer. I am so thankful that God gave us this precious gift…that we are able to come right into His presence and pour out our hearts before Him. I am thankful that no aspect of our lives or hearts is beyond the scope of His working.
I am thankful for the opportunity to be at Bible college. I am thankful for each of the teachers that I have, for their love for God and their desire to not just teach and give out knowledge, but to really walk alongside the students and instill a greater love for God. I am thankful for all that He has taught me and the ways He has challenged my thinking.
I am so thankful for His sovereignty. I am so thankful that He knows all things, that He has laid out His plans for my life, that He sees the completed puzzle, that He knows the answer to every question mark. I am so thankful that He is always working, continuously doing marvelous things…not only in my life, but in my family, my friends, the country and around the world!
I am so thankful that He is continuously working for His glory. “Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, Who only does wondrous things! And blessed be His glorious name forever and ever! Amen and Amen.” (Psalm 72:18-19)
I am thankful for His promises. I am thankful that He cannot change. I am thankful that He doesn’t act on a whim.
I am thankful for the times that He lovingly hits me with a dose of reality.
I am thankful for His answered prayers. I am thankful for each instance this year where He has done incredible things and answered requests, big and even small. I am thankful for the times when He answered prayers even when I had prayed in doubt…thereby strengthening my faith.
There is certainly so much to be thankful for. I am glad for Thanksgiving…an official day to praise God. But I am reminded that to a follower of Christ, truly every day is Thanksgiving. We definitely have been given so much…our lives should be a constant flowing of praise!!
Have a very blessed Thanksgiving as you ponder the many gracious blessings of God.