1. Baked Potato – Potatoes can be cooked quickly in a microwave. They are good with a little bit of butter, cheese and ranch dressing.
2. Quesadilla – Quesadillas can be cooked in the microwave as well…or you can get your griddle out. Butter one side of a tortilla and put the buttered side on the griddle. Put cheese and whatever other fillings you want on the tortilla. Butter another tortilla and place butter side up on the quesdailla. Brown one side and then flip to brown the other side. Cheddar cheese with ham is a great combination. Cream cheese and cheddar cheese is another good combination. Also try dipping your quesadilla in salsa.
3. Salad – A small salad is a great lunch! I like my salads with romaine lettuce, a little bit of sliced onion and a boiled egg with Ranch dressing. If you have leftover meat or other veggies in your refrigerator you can add those for some extra fun. 🙂
4. Chimichangas – These are easy to make. You can eat a couple for lunch and either freeze the extras for lunch another day or send them with your husband to work as a snack.
5. Italian Chicken Wraps – I was surprised at how easy these were to make! These made a great lunch and there was enough to send some with Tim to work for a couple of days.
6. Creamy Garlic Penne – Once again this pasta dish is quick and easy to make. It makes quite a bit of pasta…enough for me and Drew with leftovers for the next day! 🙂
7. Quiche – Quiches are fun to make! The sky is the limit! I never follow a recipe. 🙂 Either buy or make a pie crust. Beat some eggs (however many it takes to fill up your crust) and add whatever sounds good. Onions, carrots, bean sprouts, sausage, ham, cheese, milk……… And then bake. It usually takes about an hour to bake (I would bake it at 350) so you do need to plan a little bit ahead. (Keep an eye on your quiche. When the eggs are firm and set you know it is done. 🙂
8. Bean and Cheese Burritos – One of my all time favorite meals! 🙂 I went through a phase where I could have eaten these at every. single. meal! So delicious! You can used canned refried beans or make your own. 🙂
9. Pigs in a Blanket – This one brings back some fun memories. 🙂 This was a rare meal Mom would make for us and so we considered it a treat! 🙂 This recipe is to make them from scratch. Again you will have to plan ahead to let the dough rise. But you can make these, freeze them and have them ready for a quick lunch on another day. 🙂
10. Sandwiches – And of course the all familiar sandwich! But you can do so much with them. Grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, homemade sub sandwich, meatloaf…again the sky is the limit. 🙂
~ Carrie ~