When I was given an electric griddle at one of my bridal showers, I wasn’t too excited about it. My mom didn’t have one and I had no idea what to do with it. The picture on the box showed pancakes and eggs…so I figured that’s something…but I normally scramble my eggs in a skillet. 🙂 However, Tim was excited about it so I kept it in the kitchen, although towards the back of the cupboard. And…I rarely used it. Now it’s a different story…I love my electric griddle!
1. Hashbrowns – This was one of the first things I made on my electric griddle…simply because the smaller griddle that fit on my stove was way to small to make hashbrowns crispy for Tim and me. I saw Kristina making hashbrowns on their griddle and decided I just had to try it. It was easy…and hashbrowns are yummy things!
2. French Toast – I can fit more pieces of french toast on my electric griddle than I can on my stove top one (six versus four). And if you get both in on the action you can do ten slices at one time…which is great to do when making a big batch for the freezer.
3. Hamburgers – Griddles are great things to cook hamburgers on. In fact, Tim used our electric griddle to make these delicious burgers.
4. Chicken – Cooking chicken strips is really easy to do on an electric griddle…which also means that the kitchen does not get as hot since you don’t have to turn the oven on!! I used my electric griddle to cook the chicken for these sandwiches. (link for Spicy Chicken Sandwiches)
5. Pancakes – You can fit more than just four pancakes on an eletric griddle, which speeds up the cooking time. Definitely a plus, since standing around waiting for pancakes to cook is not high on my list of priorities. 🙂
6. Bacon – I cooked bacon on my electric griddle for the first time recently and I loved how quick and easy it was. Cleanup was a breeze as well!
~ Carrie ~